Word-Bank is an affordable add-on website facility which explains the meanings of difficult words. It encourages meaningful understanding of website information, allowing organisations to exceed current accessibility legislation while improving engagement. Websites using Word-Bank have a button.
Advantages for clients:
- Cost effective and innovative.
- No specialist knowledge required to add to web sites.
- Automated linking technology.
- Easily subscribe to dictionaries then customise individual definitions.
- Has mainstream application and appeal as it is not a disability specific tool – ensuring reach across the widest possible audience.
- Comprehensive online and offline support.
Advantages for site users:
- Convenient, website users are not required to have specific training or software.
- Provides instant clarification reducing the need to follow alphabetical lists or reference dictionaries.
- Will not interfere with other accessibility tools including software for people with visual impairments.
Stephan Brusch, Head of LD Development and Prevent Coordinator at NHS London “Word-Bank ensures our website is accessible to people with learning disabilities. Through Word-Bank, we are assured that the information that we provide on our website is accessible to a much wider audience. We are certainly proud of the end product and had very positive responses from our end users. Enabled City have ensured that the web-development was done in true partnership with us and people with learning disabilities. Many thanks!”
What to do next
- Visit Word-Bank’s FAQ page
- See Word-Bank testimonials or contact us for more information
- Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed