We’re casting for people with learning disabilities to feature in SeeAbility’s next film, here’s the brief…
SeeAbility’s purpose is to encourage people who are blind or partially sighted and have other multiple disabilities to achieve their full potential and enhance their quality of life.
We’ve been working with SeeAbility to produce short films concerning eye health and eye care for people with learning disabilities.
Enabled City helped find people with learning disabilities who featured in the films, all people are paid for their time to attended interviews and those featured in films. You can see the 10 Times More Likely at the top of this post.
We are now working on 2 larger films with SeeAbility and looking for 2 new people with learning disabilities to feature in these films.
Candidates having acting or drama experience would be beneficial not crucial, being able to take direction is most important.
People with learning disabilities are 10 times more likely to have eye health issues, again having experience of eye health is beneficial but not crucial.
Candidates would need to:
- email a simple 1 page cv with picture to us, from the cv’s received we’ll invite people to an interview
- be available for a 10 minute interview where we’ll ask candidates to be filmed to act a scene.
- people will be paid £20 for their time to come to auditions.
- be available for filming this summer (June/July) and consent for SeeAbility to use all footage to promote the work of their charity.
The 2 roles are for people able to look between 40 and 50 years old:
- a person preferably from Caribbean background (but not essential), filming to last for approximately 2 or 3 days.
- a person either having or able to act having more complex needs, its a non-verbal role, they are not required to speak in film, having a visual impairment would be advantageous. Filming will last for approximately 1 day (or 2 half days).
Enabled City was formerly know as Enabled London, here’s a testimonial of our work with SeeAbility.
For any further information please contact us, we look forward to hearing from you.