NHS and Social Health
- The average literacy in the UK is that of an educated 11 year old (BBC), inclusive design matters
“Enabled City have been a pleasure to work with. Their approach and attention to detail has been invaluable with shaping our communications strategy for service users”.
Simon Shenton-Tan, Head of Integrated Care at Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Group
- HERO Docs (Health Easy Read Online), a new service available from January 2016, developed from NHS Englands Accessible Information Standards consultations. www.herodocs.com will reduce duplication, increase clinical time while improving the quality of accessible information for your web and mobile sites as well as print documents.
Early Adopter clients include NHS England, NHS Imperial College, NHS CNWL and NHS NWLCCG.
- Foundation Trust Early Adopter staff have immediate access to clinician-rated content at a fraction of the cost of producing easy read content in the current way while aid compliance to NHS Englands Accessible Information Standard.
- Word-Bank, an automated jargon buster, BBC Innovation Lab Awarded, independently proven by the former Disability Rights Commission and developed with the Royal National Institute of the Blind and people with learning disabilities. Setting up usually takes an hour, the software automatically links to subscribed dictionaries (that have been signed off by NHS clients). Go to CNWL’s site for example
- PhotoRoute, inclusive way-finding with Homerton Hospital.
“Commissioning a PhotoRoute map is as easy as turning on a switch: they provided the map then arranged local and external learning disability groups to test our map, then updated the map – we only had to add it to our site once which is straight forward. An additional benefit has been making connections with people with learning disabilities who have expertise in accessible Health information. This map gives us confidence that our services are accessible to people with learning disabilities, visitors new to disability and those speaking English as a second language”.
Margaret Howart, Head of Patient Experience, Homerton Hospital
- Films that get difficult messages across – Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) commissioned Enabled City to provide a motion graphics film to explain the National Framework for NHS continuing healthcare (CHC). The film helps clients who have complicated, intense or unpredictable healthcare needs understand better how the NHS decides if someone’s day-to-day care and support should be funded entirely by the NHS.
Stadia and Tourism
- 84% of Europeans felt there was an improved opportunity for business.
- 56% said they would pay more for products if they were better designed and accessible.
“The Club is constantly looking at ways in which it can enhance the matchday experience for fans. We believe that offering the PhotoRoute service will ease navigation in and around White Hart Lane for all supporters, especially those with disabilities.” Jonathan Waite, Customer Services Manager
- Match day excellence with Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
- Increasing community reach with Tottenham Hotspur Foundation
- Tottenham Hotspur FC’s easier-to-read Safeguarding policy
- Visit England’s inclusive destination case study
[bra_icon_box caption=’HERO Docs’ url=’http://enabledcity.com/hero-docs/’ icon=’http://enabledcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/HERO-Docs-icon-80pix.png’ target=’_self’]Compliance with NHS Accessible Information Standards, improving quality & clinical time
[bra_icon_box caption=’PhotoRoute’ url=’http://enabledcity.com/photoroute-visitors’ icon=’http://enabledcity.com/wp-content/themes/blackwhite/images/logo-PR-London.png’ target=’_self’]
PhotoRoute, Paralympic way-finding providing excellence in customer services
[bra_icon_box caption=’Word-Bank’ url=’http://enabledcity.com/word-bank/’ icon=’http://enabledcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/logo-wb-thumb.png’ target=’_self’]
Compliance with legislation and exceeding best practice
[bra_icon_box caption=’Film’ url=’http://enabledcity.com/film/’ icon=’http://enabledcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/EC-thumbnail-icon-film-80×80-1.png’ target=’_self’]Engaging films that communicate complex messages