Health Easy Read Online documents – HERO docs
For NHS Healthcare providers who must comply with the new NHS Accessible Information Standards:
- Who are dissatisfied with time consuming and high cost of production of easy read documents which aren’t then used.
- Our HERO docs service provides a library of moderated, clinically approved, easy read documents enabling you to comply to the AIS.
- Lets you brand them in your own organisation’s Branding and deliver directly to patients when they need them in a variety of ways.
- Unlike DIY or plagiarised material or outsourced easy read documents, we have assembled all the content for a wide variety of patient communication needs in one easily accessible and affordable location.
HERO docs is revolutionising the provision of high quality easy read documents throughout the NHS. It has been designed to be affordable to all NHS organisations resulting in huge savings throughout the NHS as a whole by the use of co-production and sharing of content between organisations.
HERO docs will improve corporate image with high quality, clinically checked and moderated easy read material branded in the licensing organisation’s own corporate brand.
HERO docs provides much, much more than a “reasonable adjustment” allowing NHS organisations to comply with the Health & Social Care Act 2012, the Equality Act 2010 and the recently introduced NHS Accessible Information Standard 2015.
HERO docs makes the creation, selection and delivery of easy read material to patients much faster and cheaper than conventional methods resulting in an improved patient experience.
HERO docs is being developed with support from NHS England and other NHS clients.
- Provide moderated, clinically checked, easy read documents to your patients
- Saves money, affordable
- Saves time, staff effort
- Maintains high quality documents
- Alternative delivery mechanisms
- Document delivery at time of need
- Community of document authors within NHS
- Moderated documents
- Corporate Branding (local or regional)
- Improved patient experience
“We have been involved with Enabled City since 2012 and the Trust staff have embraced their Word-Bank software to explain health language and jargon in a simplified way.Using Word-Bank on www.cnwl.nhs.uk has been instrumental in staff being more interested in accessing easy to understand materials.
Licensing HERO docs is an opportunity for staff to fully engage people with a learning disability and help them understand the very complicated life in Mental Health services.
Our staff will save clinical time which is best served with patients and feel much more confident in explaining complicated treatment options with the help of easy read materials. Obviously, this will help with AIS compliance and our patients will reap the benefits by having better access to mental health services as a result of HERO docs”.
Josephine Carroll, Learning Disabilities Director, Central and North West London NHS FT
What is HERO docs?
HERO docs (Healthcare Easy Read Online Documents) is a growing library of moderated and clinically checked easy read documents which can be provided by healthcare organisations to their patients at time of need. HERO docs is a web-enabled service which can be accessed anywhere by registered users. All documents can be branded by CCGs, Trusts, GPs, Local Authorities or other healthcare providers subject to the appropriate licence arrangements. Documents can be delivered to patients by printing, email or smartphones.
The document library has been created by a select community of easy read creation experts within the NHS and is being added to all the time. Any document can be configured for a healthcare organisation’s own branding to maintain corporate integrity. The highest standards of document creation are ensured by a select team of moderators.
All documents are compliant with the new NHS AIS (Accessible Information Standard) and will significantly improve any organisation’s service adjustments for patients with learning and other disabilities. A comprehensive A – Z of documents and search facility are available to all registered users.
HERO docs UK Patent Application No. 1601797.2
What to do next
- Go to www.herodocs.com
- Subscribe to our newsletter