PhotoRoute provides easy-to-follow photographic journeys, we are a Visit London Gold Awarded company and used by the London 2012 Paralympic Games because we are inclusive of the needs of people with disabilities and those speaking English as a second language.
PhotoRoute inspires confidence to travel by making map reading easy – it is an accessibility product with mainstream appeal.
Map reading skills
Map-reading skills in the UK have faded as our reliance on digital navigation grows.
- Almost 2 out of 3 said they much prefer satnavs
- Four out of five 18 to 30-year-olds confessed to being unable to navigate without electronic guidance
- 59 per cent of men said they struggle reading maps
- 69 per cent of women say they struggle to read maps
Approximately 65 percent of the population are visual learners:
- The brain processes visual information 60,000 faster than text
- 90 percent of information that comes to the brain is visual
- 40 percent of all nerve fibers connected to the brain are linked to the retina
How does PhotoRoute work?
PhotoRoute is a new, innovative, walker-friendly, digital mapping system allowing visitors and locals to navigate much more easily, having beautiful user-friendly walking maps, without worrying about getting lost again.
Visit London is Gold Awarded because we include the needs of people with disabilities and those speaking English as a second language.
PhotoRoute maps provide visitor confidence having way-finding images overlaid of the actual street environment with directional arrows on top of digital maps along with easy-to-read way-finding instructions along with:
- Clear instructions at decision points
- Step-free options
We design our routes to be step-free and easy-to-follow. PhotoRoute maps can start and end at main transport nodes such as Underground or Overground stations, and some are designed to be circular, enabling you to dip in and out of routes and passing several stations along the way.
Our cohesive mapping and guiding system takes you seamlessly from start to finish, enabling you to enjoy your surroundings rather than be frustrated navigating quirky streets.
PhotoRoute enhance Tottenham Hotspur FC’s matchday experience
How do I add them to my desktop and mobile website?
PhotoRoute maps are embedded into desktop and mobile website.
For more information about PhotoRoute see our news articles.
What to do next
Subscribe to our mailing list